I added a red border, backed them with red cotton and bound them. I quilted in the ditch on these to not interfere with the pictures.
This past Christmas I made another for my nephew. This one measures 10x8 squares and doesn't have a border. My stash of gifted fabrics was low (after two other quilts!), so I used a bunch of my scraps.
For this quilt I used fold-over binding. I quilted 1/4" on each side of each seam and when I trimmed the quilt I left about 1.5" of backing around each side. I folded the edge in and ironed a crease. Then I sewed the binding down very close to the edge on the front of the quilt. It worked pretty well!
I really enjoy making these, but I'm going to need to build back up my stash of cute fabrics - it is seriously low!