When I started thinking about G week, I thought of the pink gingham fabric I had recently bought. When I went through patterns and came across my Music Class Blouse pattern, I knew it was a perfect match!
This was one time consuming pattern! I also ran into a few problems (of my own failure to cut out all the pattern pieces and trying to use the cuff as the sleeve placket!), but once I had it figured out, it came together perfectly!
I ran into a mom at the library who sews and she was asking me if I made Ben and Ellie's outfits that day. When I said yes, and that I had made Samantha's shirt, she was shocked! That is always a great feeling - when it doesn't look mommy-made!
This was my first time to add a collar, to do pintucks, to have cuffed long sleeves, and the first time to construct a buttonband like this one. I love that every time I sew an Oliver and S pattern I feel like I learn something!